Thursday, February 18, 2010

2009 / 2010 K2 Darko Boot with Conda System Review


2009 / 2010 K2 Darko Boot with Conda System


Shopping for boots is not something I like to do very often. Once I find a pair of comfortable boots, I stick with ‘em until they are literally falling apart. So when it was time to replace my trusty Nitro Team boots, I was looking for something similar as far stability and comfort. I wanted a boot that wouldn’t break the bank, but still offered a good balance of performance and durability.

Right off the rack, the K2 Darko Boot gave me the overall feel I was looking for. After trying on several boots, the Darko’s were by far the most comfortable walking around the store. They use “harshmellow” EVA insoles, which are super comfortable. They also use the Boa Conda system to tighten the insole. This makes tightening the insole a breeze and can be done without unlacing the outside of your boots. Overall, these boots felt pretty stiff (which I like) and have some cool features.

After riding with these boots for a month now, I can say they are a good boot with more positives than negatives:

Plus++
They feel great when you are actually riding and not just sitting on the chair
The Conda system makes adjusting the boot quick and easy
The “harshmellow” insoles lessens impact from big landings

Minus---
The boots are softer than first advertised
It takes a while to find the best way to tighten the boots to your liking

Overall
8/10. These are great boots if you are into all mountain freestyle riding.

Check out EternalSnow.com if you want to give the Darko’s a try. Click Here

No comments:

Post a Comment